Thursday, 19 September 2013

London Design Festival Day 1

TENT LONDON
Zoe Murphy

This stand caught my eye straight away, it was one of the brightest, most colourful and the layout was really considered. I love the mixture of textures with pattern. The tables are used with specialist paint to be chip resistant and are used with second hand furniture to be Eco friendly! 




Adam Slade 

His designs were very intricate and you can see the hand drawn quality even though it is very much digital design, which I can relate to. However the colours were a little dull for me but I like bright, the colours that he has used clearly work together even still! 

Parris Wakefield Additions 

These bright vibrant colours are exactly the sorts of colours in my current colour palette (cultural). Just one cushion would brighten up the room with these colourful graphic patterns. 

These are just a few of the designers I found the most interesting, there are many more ! The show was a mixture of surface designers, ceramic, architectural and fundamental furniture designers. A lot of the furniture had a unique form or was somehow Eco friendly or had multiple uses. It was of course the surface designers that attracted my eye. 

LONDON DESIGN FESTIVAL 

BROMPTON DESIGN DISTRICT 

There was a lot of networking on tonight at all the launch party's for LDF, I had the pleasure of going to Squint Ltd. Eccentric and bright patchwork furniture that really inspired me for my current project. They covered everything from sofas to cushions, from mirrors to lampshades and chandlers! All with strips of fabric in a range of colours and patterns. It inspires me for my own patchwork using my own designed fabric, plain and embroidered. 


DESIGNERS GUILD 
Tonight I visited the launch of Tricia Guilds new book Colour.. With Tricia Guild! When conversation around is all about fabric company's such as harelequin and how inspiring these launch party's are and your drinking prosseco next to Tricia Guild, you know how exciting and fun this career can be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment