Monday, 18 November 2013

Big, bright and bold!


This libertys wallpaper is very bright and uses large scale decorative flowers. They have been very particular with the colour palette, it's quite limited and bright but used one dark purple to define shapes. 

This peice inspired me because it's very bright and bold. The style is very similar to what I have been producing so It is proof that all the elements of bold bright and big do work! 
I tried painting my own large and strange flowers and put them onto a different background instead of plain white. 
I also added sequins to emphasise the brightness! 

I have also stitched into this paper to create new effects that could be scanned in to experiment with composition on photoshop. after this sheet I decided to do another in the same style but using different motifs and put it on a different background. 


I am now going to develop this idea into wallpaper bright and detailed designs. I need to consider the background so that the flowers will still be the main focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment