I finally produced the repeat version of my chair patchwork design on the digital printer today. I made sure the image was highly cleaned up before I put it into repeat. I then realised by putting it into repeat on a 2 metre scale for the back of my chair ment the file size was 1GB, so I changed the dpi to 180 from 300. The quality was the same but the file size was half the size and enabled me to upload the file onto smart print for the mimaki printer.
I printed my fabric onto 2 different designs to upholster on my chair. One fabric was the back and one was for the middle. This fabric above is brighter for the back. This fabric is for the majority of the front of the chair and the cushion. I made this design slightly duller and less saturated. I wanted to keep the chair mixed patterns but highly decorative.
The fabric after coming off the digital printer, pinned onto the backing cloth and ready to be steamed!
Here is me holding the fabric coming out of the steamer! As you can see it is very long and it was very heavy as it is on cotton duck and also pinned onto a backing cloth!




No comments:
Post a Comment