Sunday, 20 April 2014

Final Printing cushions!

Final Printing of cushions 

I was so excited to get my final designs confined and ready to print! The fabric I ordered from Whaleys was Medium Coated Satin coated for the digital printer. 
The width of the fabric was about 137cm and I bought 5 metres which allowed me for 2 cushions across at 50cm by 50cm because I added an extra 4cm2 for shrinkage and seam allowance. 
I fit 6 cushions onto my 2 metres of fabric. 

I have researched into how much 2 metres of satin would cost to be printed at Citrus Rain for after graduation and it was approximately £23 a metre at 145cm wide. If i made my cushions smaller I could fit 3 onto the width and 6 down. Keeping the cost down for each cushion made.


Pinning the length of fabric onto the steaming cloth, ready to be steamed.


I bought this velvet cushion from the charity shop the other day because the beads in the seam gave me an idea for my own cushions. I am going to source some beaded trims to put into the side seams of my cushions.



No comments:

Post a Comment