Sunday, 20 April 2014

Sarah Cambell

Sarah Cambell

Marks and Spencer bedding, Spring 2013

'Chedworth'

"Having been given a bunch of flowers together with its profoundly heavy vase. I couldn't resist making a portrait of them. The result was this...

Bold floral which changes from dark to light up the bed - one of the advantages of printing bedding patterns width for length. But it makes for a huge painting..."

From start to finish exhibition explores sarah's most recent design journeys. Showing the process of designing from textiles to commission and first concepts and rough sketches to artwork and finished product.

"At heart, i love painting patterns, inventing designs"

Recently sarah collaborated on the book The Collier Cambell Archive, bed linens for Marks and Spencer and source collections for WestElm.













Sarah Cambell has provided a big source of inspiration to me in terms of pattern and colour. I love how all her work is completely hand painted and nothing is done using CAD. It makes her style unique to her. Although I use CAD to put my designs together, I use all my hand painted images. 

No comments:

Post a Comment