Sunday, 20 April 2014

Fashion Fabric Embellishments


Fashion Fabric Devlopments 

On each of my fashion fabrics I have digitally printed I have tried to do at least one technique on top. 
Some of my fashion fabrics are on  silk viscose so that I could experiment with screen print over the top using devore paste and flock and foil over that. 

Here is some of my final fabrics with over print.

I have painted on texiflock paste onto this velvet piece that I can first flock and then foil.


 Images of the velvet flocked and foiled


 This is one of the silk viscose pieces. I have a screen with the inside of a leopard print and the outside separate to enable different colours when over printing. I have used the inside of the leopard print to deovre and then flocked the outside print. On the digital file I had scanned in glitter experiments to add onto the surface of the print which got digital printed onto the silk. I have gone over these glitter parts in foil in tiny dots to create a glitter effect. 

 Flocked and foiled velvet before embellishment

Here is some close ups of selected areas of the velvet that I have flocked and foiled and then hand embellished over. It was very time consuming which is why I have only selected a few areas. 






No comments:

Post a Comment