Saturday, 14 December 2013

Paisleys


This paisley wallpaper is by Osbourne and Little. I love the range of bright colours used to create pattern inside the paisleys. 



This paisley design is also by Osbourne and Little. It is created by little embroidered flowers all put together to create a paisley shape. 


The repeat in the paisley wallpaper are reflected. I like the way the repeat is structured. 


This is the wallpaper design I have created with my own paisley motif. My design is more structered in squares. In the spaces between the paisleys I have put different flowers. 



I have created This fabric design to match with the paisley wallpaper. The fabric is made using a screen print, foiled with gold. I then needle-bonded the fabric to give it a more distressed look. I have intertwined the paisleys into the screen print. I have picked out some parts of the gold to hand sew around and also some parts of the paisleys. Some parts overlap which I think gives it a interesting look that it is not a straight forward pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment