Monday, 3 March 2014

Bradford Textile Society Board Entrys

Bradford Textile Society Competition

For both my own benefit and to go towards my module, I am entering the Bradford Textile society competition. 

COMBINED PROCESSES (including EMBROIDERY): 

C1 CLOTHWORKERS’ FOUNDATION AWARD:
- An innovative combination of textile processes for the fashion market
st nd rd AWARDS: £400 1 Prize / £250 2 Prize / £150 3 Prize 





Here are my boards for the C1 award. The first board shows a printed fabric sample on a cotton linen fabric with photocopys of original artwork that went into this print and a accetate of the pattern used in the design on both that board and the final board. On the main sample board I have provided a embroidered, digital print cotton sample, with paper artwork that uses the same flowers but in a different composition. I have shown slightly different designs on both boards using the same imagery to show the development to the final sample. 

C2 CLOTHWORKERS’ FOUNDATION AWARD:
- An innovative combination of textile processes for the interiors market
AWARDS: £400 1st Prize / £250 2nd Prize / £150 3rd Prize 




These are my 2 boards for the C2 entry. The first board shows artwork of a patchwork inspired theme using bright colours in the colour palette provided. I have also added snippets of sketchbook paintings that are used in the design on the final board. I have then put a few images of inspiration such as embellishment by Matthew Williamson and patchwork chairs by Squint Limited to show inspiration for interior outcomes.


No comments:

Post a Comment